Coincidently this last Thursday marked the 475 year anniversary of Anne Boleyn's execution.
So probably the first thing I should have done was decide on the heads I would use. Doing so after the fact may cause a problem, but I got lucky.
I decided to use these doll heads I found at Goodwill. They go to those make up hair dolls (you know the ones with just a head, neck, and shoulders). I popped off the heads and decided to Un-Barbie them with a little dead looking paint.
Next I used a 4x4 piece of ply wood. I got a little nicer wood (popular 3/4" thick).
I cut holes (badly) and painted it with some oops paint.
I choose a light color because I want to see it outside at night.
Then I started painting on my Tudors.
I chose.... of course Anne Boleyn, Catherine Howard (Queens are worth more),Mary Queen of Scots, Lady Jane Gray, Thomas More, and Thomas Cromwell.
They just come to mind most when it comes to tudor time executions.
To make it stand, I used a couple strips of wood cut into four 4 foot pieces
I screwed one of them to the top of the board. and attached the legs at an angle underneath.
I attached it with a bracket that I bent with a clamp and pliers.
Then I attached the fourth piece on the ground the same way.
The angle was sharper so I just took angle brackets and unbent them a little.
I decided to just print up the names on paper and Mod Podge them on!
I also antiqued the whole thing a bit with a watered down brown paint and a rag.
I need some more heads! I only found four that day.
Later I will get a couple more and make them over into the men, probably by just adding beards.
The picture quality is kind of poor , I didn't realize how dark my garage is.
I will post some brighter ones when I have time.