I wanted some little scary looking little plants inspired by Audry II from Little shop of Horrors.
So I used both Celluclay and Paperclay.
Two of my favorite things to work with.
Foil and a coat hanger for the stalk frame. Toothpicks are for teeth.
The cheap foam, pots, and foliage from the dollar store.
I made the shape I wanted with the cut wire.
I covered it in foil to bulk it up. I made it flat at the end in the shape of the tongue.
I covered it in a layer of celluclay and let it dry.
I made the head out of foil. I it balled up and shaped into a lower and upper jaw piece.
I also tried using styro-foam eggs I cut in half on a couple.
They work good.
But I think I prefer the versatility the foil gives to the shape.
I cover the halves in a coat of celluclay let it dry and then smooth it out with paperclay.
When they dried I glued them on the stalk /tongue with hot glue
I filled in the gaps at the at the base and shape it more with the paperclay.
I also added gums lips and other detail with the clay. In the gum line I poked little holes where I want the teeth, with a tooth pick. This will give a good anchor when I go to glue them in
After it was dry I just painted the head. Not so worried about the stem yet.
I hot glued on the leaves at the base of the head. Then I used paperclay to blend them and smooth out the stalk. Of course painted it when it was dry to match .
After I sealed the whole thing. I use a very High Gloss varnish several coats on the inside of the mouth,lips and tongue. to make it look nice and wet. Then super glue in the teeth.
I also made one with teeth made of fimo instead of toothpick.
I just rolled them out and cut them and baked them.
I also used flower petals instead of leaves for the head.